Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Sea of Tranquility Book Review

      Now I know what the fuss is all about! The Sea of Tranquility has been one of those novels that I’ve always heard of and being recommended to me but never got the chance to read. I’ve been reading these positive reviews on Goodreads since last year, but I still haven’t got that appetite of reading it. Then suddenly last month, I was just surfing online and that’s when I saw this book. So I read the reviews again, the ratings were all kinda impressive and then lastly, I’ve finally asked a friend of mine who’ve already read the book and then she said that it’s surely a must read for it’s really a wonderful story. In reading the first few chapters of the story, it all just seems so mysterious. Tons of questions just keeps on running out into my head and that’s when it got me hooked. I also knew by the time that I’ve started reading this; it is definitely going to be one of my favorites. And after reading it all the way, I was right!

       I must say, this novel is so not the Young Adult kind of novel that one would usually read. There’s just something about it that makes the whole story so ROMANTIC and at the same time so MYSTERIOUS. I guess it’s the level of maturity that the reader would tend to feel while reading this book. Yes, it is a love story but it mostly focuses on the concept of the real meaning of ACCEPTANCE and HEALING.

      As for the story, I really like the author’s style of writing both point-of-views of the two main characters Nastya Kashnikov and Josh Bennet. It makes me understand the reasons why they seemed so damaged. It also points out all the real feelings that they really want to express but is so afraid to reveal to those people around them. Both of them is the kind of people who is just living a life but doesn’t seem like living at all. Josh Bennet may seem your typical kind of teenage boy, but a lot of things has happened to him in the past that made him seem so mature and older than most boys at his age. He just lost it, believing that being near him is like being cursed. As for Nastya Kashnikov, she is someone who is so full of life. Living a life full of sunshine, love from her family and enjoying her passion which is playing the piano, until all of it was taken away from her. What happened to her has caused her to build a new life but for her it doesn’t seem like living at all. It’s like living in a box and with the past always trying haunt her. And that’s when fate steps in. For finding each other is what made them save themselves from their miserable lives.

       It’s a love story that doesn’t seemed so cheesy and all for all the readers out there. And that’s what made me enjoyed my time in reading it. I’ve realized that one should appreciate and be grateful for second chances. Not all of us in this world are being given the chance to do something right into our lives. One should also never ever forget that no matter what happens the love and support from our friends and families will always be there no matter what. But one should also remember to love and accept who we really are. I’m writing my review for this book for the reason that I want to share to those who are still planning to read this wonderful book the beauty on reading such a unique kind of love story. It may not be as hugely popular as those other romantic novels. But I just hope that they would be able to feel and realize while reading it that it’s a story that will touch their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment