Thursday, September 25, 2014

Me Before You Book Review

This beautiful and emotional novel of Jojo Moyes is about these two people who feel that the world is totally and utterly hopeless. Lou Clark is a 26 years old woman without any idea of what she really wants to do about her life. While Will Traynor is a 35 years old paralyzed man, who used to have a very successful career and an adventurous life, but all of it was taken away in just one night because of an accident. Then one day, their world started to collide. Lou needed a job to help her struggling family, and Will needed a companion to assist him in his daily needs. Together they’ve formed a bond that would change them forever. It has also turned their moments of love and friendship into one of the best and saddest experience of their lives.

I must say, Me Before You is a story that will turn every reader’s emotions upside down while reading this novel. It’s an unconventional love story; making us appreciate the real meaning of living life to the fullest. 





Actually getting into the deeper character of Will is so sad and painful. He is a guy who lost his desire to live. But it was Lou who has given him the courage to see life in a whole new light. As for Lou, she is someone who is so lost. Then Will encouraged and inspired her to do things beyond her limitations, and dared to dream the kind of life that she wants to live that she thought weren’t possible at all. But what Will really want for her is to “LIVE WELL”. In a way you could say that they’ve helped and saved one another.

This book first came across to me while browsing some new books to read on Goodreads. Then I started reading its reviews and that’s when I’ve gotten so intrigued about this book. It was actually last August that I saw a pre-loved paperback copy of this at a bookstore. And buying this book was totally worth it!



 Well, the truth is I was in doubt when someone told me on Instagram that this book would really make me cry so badly! So I read again the reviews on Goodreads. That’s when I’ve realized the similarities of what they’ve written! It’s a sobbing kind of love story! A tearjerker! And they were right! I cried so hard while reading the last four chapters of the story, and after closing the book, it took me awhile to get a grip of myself! It’s such a heartbreaking and beautiful story. But one can't avoid the issue about "Morality" (You'll know it by the time you'll read it).

Lastly, I would like to share a weird coincidence before I end this book review of mine. While I was in the early stages of reading the novel, the two actors that I’ve been visualizing were Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin. Well to be honest, I have no idea that there is going to be a film adaptation of this book! It was only yesterday when I saw the Facebook update of Jojo Moyes that I saw a picture of them doing the script reading! I was so shocked, that what I was actually visualizing is turning into reality! Weird right? Anyway, if you haven’t read the book, then start now and be prepared to cry so badly! 




No comments:

Post a Comment